Omaha Bacon Club Member Page
July - Dec. 2018
Welcome to the Omaha Bacon Club.
Thank you for supporting a small local business and the local farmers we work with.
The club is pretty simple:
- About once a month, we make a specialty bacon for the club members.
- Over the course of your 6-month membership, you will get 6 lbs. of specialty bacons and 6 lbs. of our regular dry-cured country bacon.
- You will get an email before each pick-up directing you to this page, where you can find the details of date/time etc.
- Check this page for exact dates and times and locations of pick-ups each month.
- If you can't make a month, just come by our retail shop or double-up the next month. You won't ever miss out on the bacon you have paid for.
- If you have any questions, please TEXT Chad (instead of emailing or calling) @ 402-999-1075.
The food of the Philipines is a crossroads cuisine. Their style of bacon is a perfect and delicious example. The cut of meat and style of curing comes from Spanish colonization. The sweet and tangy flavoring comes from Chinese Char Siu.
We used all-natural Duroc pork shoulder for the bacon. The shoulder was cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces and then cured and marinated for 5 days. The pineapple juice in the marinade helps keep the meat tender. This bacon is not traditionally smoked. It is cooked more like stir-fry before serving.
For cooking and serving, we recommend frying or grilling for just a few minutes to cook, but not until crispy. Cook over too high of heat and it can scorch. Cook too long and it can be tough. It is traditionally served with garlic fried rice and a fried egg for a hearty breakfast. Here is good link with the classic combination: https://norecipes.com/tosilog-recipe/
Wed. Sep. 5th
5:30 - 7:00 pm
3661 Davenport St.
Omaha, NE 68131
(This is our private house. There is parking on the street. Dogs will bark when you come to the porch, but they are harmless.)
Thu. Sept. 6th
10 am-8 pm
115 N. 14th St.
Ft. Calhoun, NE 68023
(and anytime during regular hours the rest of the week)
Sat. Sep. 8th
Orscheln Farm & Home
5640 Cornhusker Hwy,
Lincoln, NE 68507
Look for a Silver Prius in the corner of the parking lot with a black "Omaha Bacon Club" sign on the door.
Make Up Options:
Please come to our retail shop for all make-up pick-ups. Hours are Thursday 10-8 pm and, Friday & Saturday 10-5 pm.
If you are picking up in Omaha or Lincoln and you would like anything from the shop, please download and browse the menu. Then please TEXT (instead of emailing or calling) with your name and what you would like. I will send you a confirmation text. 402-999-1075.