Member Page July - Dec. 2019
Omaha Bacon Club Member Page
July - Dec. 2019
Welcome to the Omaha Bacon Club.
Thank you for supporting a small local business and the local farmers we work with.
The club is pretty simple:
* About once a month, we make a specialty bacon for the Club members. Note that it is “about” once a month. Sometimes there is a gap of only 3 weeks or so and there may be gaps of about 6 weeks too.
* Over the course of your 6-month membership, you will get 6 lbs. of specialty bacons and 6 lbs. of our regular dry-cured country or traditional bacon.
* You will get an email before each pick-up directing you to this page where you can find the details of dates/times etc.
* If you can't make a pick-up, just come by our butcher shop within a week or so. You won't ever miss out what you have paid for. We are a small butcher shop though and space is at a premium. We can’t hold onto the specialty bacon for more than 2 weeks. If you come after that and bacon is not available, you can have $8 in credit per lb. of bacon to spend on anything at the shop.
* If you have any questions, please TEXT Chad @ 402-999-1075 (instead of emailing or calling).
Double-Thick Garlic Bacon
We are going to be making a specialty bacon with Tomato Season, aka BLT Season, in mind.
Duroc pork belly will be dry-cured for a week and heavily seasoned with garlic powder and black pepper.
There will be a first cold-smoke over crabapple wood and a second hot smoke over cherry.
And the bacon will extra-extra thick slices that give a nice heft to BLT.
Thu. Aug. 8th
10 am-8 pm
115 N. 14th St.
Ft. Calhoun, NE 68023
(And anytime during regular hours the rest of the week. Please, please try and come that week though. We really don’t have the space to store the bacon.)
Wed. Aug. 7th
Orscheln Farm & Home
5640 Cornhusker Hwy,
Lincoln, NE 68507
Look for a Silver Prius in the corner of the parking lot.
Make Up Options:
Please come to our retail shop for all make-up pick-ups. Hours are Thursday 10-8 pm and, Friday & Saturday 10-5 pm.
If you are picking up in Omaha or Lincoln and you would like anything from the shop, please download and browse the menu. Then please TEXT (instead of emailing or calling) with your name and what you would like. I will send you a confirmation text. 402-999-1075.